Tuesday 16 July 2013

Barcelona, Spain -day 3

The next day was kind of a write off. I drifted in and out of sleep. Shay went out a bit for some food and then just to sit on a patio. We walked around a bit in the afternoon and stopped in at Dunne’s Irish pub for some comfort food. Shay got the full Irish breakfast, I the Sheppard's pie, and Leslie had a salad (she immediately regretted not getting the fish and chips and ordered French fries to go).

As you can see, we were both great company!

We walked around the neighbourhood a little before heading back to the flat.






All of the closed store fronts had some unique graffiti. Shay took pictures of some of his favourites.





Browsing at the store next door to the flat.

I napped a bit, and Leslie went out to a dress shop that she had found online, Gamay’s where two sisters design their own material and dresses. She came back with a dress and said I would like it there and should go back with her tomorrow. Shay and I figured out our train tickets to Valenecia and bought them so we could just get to the train station and print them there. Very convenient.

We went out for dinner, tired and hungry and not wanting to search any longer after our first choice “Biarritz Bodega” was closed, we stopped at Pasta Bar, where you order pasta a la carte and eat picnic table style. It was hot. Good pasta, but it is hard to eat pasta when it is so humid. Shay ate the rest of mine, and Leslie ended up taking hers to go. We browsed the neighbourhood some more.




Some sidewalk bracelet shopping.

We needed some of these!


Back at the apartment, we settled in again and got ready for bed. I wasn’t going to sleep upstairs again, so I perched up on the couch. Leslie suggested I bunk with her, so I did, and got a much better sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying all of your adventures, photos and gritty details of your trip. Hope there is lots more.

    ReplyDelete