Monday 15 July 2013

Barcelona, Spain -day 2

The next day we were moving very slowly. Leslie and I went out for a coffee while Shay did laundry. We didn’t get up and out of the flat until the afternoon.


Laundromat

We walked around and found a market, La Boqueria. Very nice! We grabbed snacks and lunch there.



Lunch!

Sweets and nuts, and fresh zumo!

Marzapan!

Danger Bay




Spice up your life!




This market had everything!



We decided to do the hop on hop off bus tour per Leslie's suggestion, and got a tour of the city for 26 euros pp.




The sites were cool, we went around port Olympic, La Sagrada Familia, one of Gaudi's creations (which had a line around the block) so we took pictures of it from the bus top and continued onward.

The Torre Agbar

La Sagrada Familia...under construction since 1882


Sagrada Famila, a Catholic church, now a UNESCO World Heritage site.


I really wanted to get to Park Guell, which we did, in the heat of the day.

We grabbed a bite to eat a café near by, stocked up on water and headed into the park.

I may have inhaled my sandwich in the time Leslie took two bites:(

Park Guell

Very cool. We learned a lot about the architect Antoni Gaudi, especially how he came to his end getting run over by a tram. Ouch!



Me and "el drac"






A very mature Shay photo bombing


This guy liked Leslie's poses


Where do my legs end and Leslie's begin??

Gaudi's House




We went to the gift shop.


And hopped back on the bus and headed back. It didnt take us half as long to get back to Placa Catalunya. 

On the way I snapped some more pics of a few more of Gaudi's creations. 

Casa Mila

Casa Batilo
We headed back to the flat, being lured into many shops!


My new throne

On our walk back to the apartment I was starting to feel a sore throat.

It got progressively worse as the night went on. We hadn’t eaten dinner, and I wasn’t up for going out. I told the other two to go and just bring me something back, but they didn’t want to leave me. It was around 11 when we finally decided on something to eat. Shay ran out to this place called Walk to Wok and got some noodle stir frys. It was after midlight before we got to eat them. Too late.

Shay said he was offered beer and marijuana at every block and that the guys first offer you a beer, and just as they pass you, whisper "marijuana?" in your ear.

We ate and went to sleep. I again could not settle and did not sleep. I felt overheated and awful. I ran down the narrow staircase hoping to sleep on the little couch where it was a little cooler. Before I could even get settled I had to vomit. Shay, the good husband that he is, immediately came down and sat with me. I took a cold shower and he got me a cold towel for my head.

He set me up on the couch downstaitrs and I told him to go back up to bed. I was up three or four more times, and Shay came running down each time, bumping his head more than once. The last time, I felt it was all done, I took a gravol and hoped to pass out. I did for a bit, but woke up feeling achey and hollow and hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment