Wednesday 25 July 2012

Terceira-Toronto

Day 7
Travel day from Hell. We were at the airport early. Our amazing hosts called to arrange pick up the night before. They came to our villa to pick us up (our car would not hold us and our luggage). They brought us to the airport and safely sent us on our way. We really couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Everything was taken care of for us.

We waited to board the small plane in Ponta Delgada that would take us to Terceira.

The small plan was not even half full with two rows of double seats.

Terceira island has a very small military airport, so when we got there, we unloaded on the tarmac, then got onto a bus to take us to the airport. We then had a 2 hour layover until we left for Toronto. We were able to change our seats to window seats which served us well. I was still feeling sick from that night, and managed to score two seats to myself so I could lay down. I slept through dinner, coffee and the snack, and as I exited, the flight attendants were teasing me. I didn't miss much from dinner, as Shay said it wasn't very good, and he likes everything. Our flight arrived on time, but then had to wait to taxi into our gate, as another plane was already there. We got our luggage and made it through customs quickly. We then had to wait for our pre-arranged limo pick up. We finally made it home, and picked up Dexter. Longest day ever!

2 comments:

  1. Awe, sounds like you had a rough trip home... I totally read this one first thinking it was the first post haha... So at elast I've read through the bad day and can now read about the fun times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah, it always puts the most recent post at the top. Everyday was better than this one!

      Delete